Tuesday, February 12, 2019

URIAH HEEP Live in Athens. (8/2/2019). The setlist and more...

 It has been almost 8 years since the last visit of the legendary Uriah Heep in Greece and more than 20 years since I last saw them live. For all those reasons, plus the fact that I really enjoyed their latest album, made me to decide to go and see their gig in Athens a few days ago.
Further than that, I also like the opening act, which was the Greek Symphonic Metal band Chrysilia.
The whole thing was very appealing to me, so I bought my ticket almost a month ago, and waited for the day of the concert to come.
  On Friday the 8th, together with my wife and some friends we went to Fuzz Club where the concert took place, and altogether enjoyed a very beautiful evening with great music by both bands.
Exactly on time, the Greek band Chrysilia came on stage, and played for almost 40 minutes. Their set was based on their debut album, plus one cover version, which, as far as their singer told us, will be included in their 2nd album.
  And right after them, Uriah Heep came on stage, and played for more than 100 minutes. Their set was including many songs from their latest album, which as I wrote above, is a very good one, so no problem there. But because a very big part of the setlist was occupied by their new songs, they didn't play some of their old classics, like for example, Sympathy, Traveller in Time, Bird of Prey, Blind Eye and many more.
 The truth is that both bands played very good, the people seemed to enjoyed it, so the night can be characterized as a successful one. 
  In my opinion it was a very entertaining gig which I really enjoyed. I only hope that Uriah Heep will come again soon, but without a new album, so we will be able to enjoy many of their old wonderful songs.
Here you can take a look at the setlists of both bands:
CHRYSILIA:
The Menalon Trail / Arcadia / Altar Οf Silence / The Mummer's Dance (Loreena McKennitt cover) / Desperate Wings / By Τhe Gates Οf Ypsus.


URIAH HEEP:  
Grazed Βy Heaven / Return Τo Fantasy / Living Τhe Dream / Too Scared Τo Run / Take Away My Soul / Knocking Αt My Door / Rainbow Demon / Waters Flowin' / Rocks Ιn Τhe Road / Gypsy / Look Αt Yourself / July Morning / Lady Ιn Black. 
Encore: Sunrise / Easy Livin'.
By clicking on the following YT link you will be able to watch Lady in Black with the beautiful sing along by the crowd.














No comments:

Post a Comment