Thursday, January 26, 2017

GFreedom’s 2016 Top-10 album list. (Part.2)

                           EVERSHIP: Evership
This is how the modern Progressive Rock should sound like!
  The debut album of the American band Evership was one of the greatest surprises of 2016 for me. I had never heard of this band before, and this album felt like an epiphany to me. Where to begin? Excellent musicianship, very technical - and yet listener friendly - compositions, excellent vocals, and a couple of magnificent epics. Well, what else can you ask for? 
  I really hope that this was not a shooting star, and Evership will continue recording albums of such high standards.  
            HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
In case you are interested, here’s the review I wrote about this album some time ago: https://gfreedomathina.blogspot.gr/2016/12/evership-evership-2016.html


            GANDALF’S FIST: The Clockwork Fable
  I learned about this album a few weeks before its original release. I have to admit that I was kind of sceptical about it. A triple concept album? That sounded like a very ambitious project to my ears. And it was actually! But when I listened to it, I was blown away! It’s not an easy album, it needs a few listens before you are completely ready to “enter” the fantastic world Gandalf’s Fist created. But when you do, everything sounds wonderful! 
  I loved the narration parts between the songs, I loved how the story evolves with each passing song, I loved the beautiful melodies and the loud, powerful parts, and I have only good things to say about the package and the fantastic artwork! The album comes in a wonderful triple digi-pack box, with a very detailed booklet, that explains everything the listener need to know about the subterranean city of Cogtopolis and its inhabitants. Get set, your journey is about to begin! 
Here’s is the review I wrote about this album many months ago: http://gfreedomathina.blogspot.gr/2016/05/gandalfs-fist-clockwork-fable-2016.html

   THE NEAL MORSE BAND: The Similitude of a Dream
  I respect Neal Morse as a musician and a composer, but I can’t say that I like his music in most occasions. So, when this album was released, near the end of 2016, I didn’t pay much attention. But after reading so many great reviews about it, I decided to give it a shot. Well, The Similitude of a Dream is one of the best albums of 2016 without any doubt! This time Mr. Morse and his band created something really wonderful! 
In case you are interested, here is a post I wrote about this album: http://gfreedomathina.blogspot.gr/2016/12/the-neal-morse-band-similitude-of-dream.html


                                

No comments:

Post a Comment