Tuesday, November 7, 2017

STRAWBS: The Ferryman's Curse (2017). My point of view...

  Starting this, I should say that I consider myself as a fan of Strawbs. Maybe not the greatest fan, but if you consider that I am listening to them for more than 25 years now and I have in my music collection about 13-14 of their albums, I think I have a rather detailed opinion about them.
 Truth is that, their career has gone downhill for many years now, but they do release a good album every now and then; but to be honest, I don’t know if The Ferryman’s Curse is one of those albums.
 I know very well how good and important band Strawbs was, and I will not form an opinion based on their 23rd studio album. But, that doesn’t change the fact that “Ferryman’s” is a very mediocre album. Yes, it includes some fine moments, like When the Spirit Moves for example, but most of the songs would never fit into the band’s older albums; and that definitely tells us something about the overall quality, correct?
 The Ferryman’s Tale is one more piece in a line of not so good – but not bad - albums, like Prognostic, or Hero & Heroine in Ascencia, among others.
For all those things, I don’t think I can give more than 2.5 stars (out of 5.0)

Favorite songs: When the Spirits Move, We have the Power and The Ferryman’s Curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment