Tuesday, September 25, 2018

CLASSIC ROCK (Incl. BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST and 2 Orchestras), Live in Athens. 22/9/2018. The setlists and more...



  A few days ago I attended a very special live gig, and I would like to share it with you. So, on Friday the 22nd of September, together with my wife, we went to the ancient Odeon of Herodes Atticus that lies next to the Acropolis of Athens, and spent a very beautiful night together with good music. 
  The concert plan was the following: First of all, the Greek band TKG appeared on stage and played for almost half an hour. Their set was named as 'Mozart in Colour', and it was including very interesting short cover versions of some of Mozart's works. (Piano Sonata No.11, Symphony No. 40 and Symphony No. 25)
 Right after that, The Symphonic Orchestra of Prague and The Athens State Orchestra took their positions on the stage, and the main part of the concert begun. For the next hour, they played some very famous Rock songs in a more "classical" way. With them, they had 3 female singers who were doing the vocals. Some of the songs they played were really wonderful, some others not so much. But the overall result was very good. 
Here is the setlist they played:
DEEP PURPLE: Perfect Strangers / LED ZEPPELIN: Kashmir / ALANNAH MYLES: Black Velvet / U2: One / QUEEN: One Vision / LED ZEPPELIN: Stairway to Heaven / PINK FLOYD: Echoes / EUROPE: The Final Countdown / PINK FLOYD: Another Brick in the Wall.
  In my opinion, their versions of Perfect Strangers, Kashmir, and Stairway to Heaven were very good ones, and the version of Echoes was simply mind blowing! The others, I didn't like so much...
  After a short break, the members of the legendary Barclay James Harvest appeared on stage, and for the next hour they played some of their famous songs, accompanied with The Prague Symphony Orchestra (if I'm not mistaken). 
  I grew up with the music of Barclay James Harvest, I have seen them on stage 3-4 times in the past, but I was always dreaming to be able to see them on stage together with an orchestra. Especially because their old songs were written to be played like that. And now,  it was the time to fulfil my dream!
 So, because I can't be objective when it comes to that, I will not say anything about their performance. I will only say that really enjoyed it, and it was something I will remember for the rest of my life!
 But the night wasn't over yet…  Right after the end of the concert, we met with the members of Barclay James Harvest, who I knew from the HRH Prog V concert that I attended last year in N. Wales. They remembered me, and as it seemed they were glad and kind of surprised to see me again. So, we stayed with the guys for almost 45 minutes, had some fun together, took some pictures and we even went backstage for a while. That was the perfect ending to a really beautiful night!
 Here is the setlist of Barclay James Harvest:
Fifties Child / Poor Man's Moody Blues / Galadriel / In My Life / Mocking Bird / Loving in Easy / The Poet - After the Day / Hymn.




 



No comments:

Post a Comment