Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Red Hot Chili Peppers Live in Athens

Last night RHCP performed live in front of about 50.000 fans in the Olympic Stadium of Athens.
I wasn't able to be there, so I'm writing here a few things that I've learned from friends that went to the concert, and I read from reviews.
Before the band 2 support bands were performed.
The first support showed up on stage at 19.00 and they were the Greek band 'The Sunny Side of the Razor", and they played for about half hour.
At about 20.15 the second support band showed up. The British band 'AAAK' and the played until 21.00.
And 45 minutes later, one of the most famous bands of the last  years appeared on the stage.
First song 'Monarchy of Roses', second 'Dani California',  and the Olympic stadium is on fire!
Despite some problems with the sound, and the fact that the guitarist played the whole concert on a chair, (he recently had broken his foot), RHCP gave a very good performance, and probably satisfied their fans. They played for about 2 hours...

Here is the playlist:


Monarchy Of Roses
Dani California
Can't Stop
Scar Tissue
Look Around
Strip My Mind
Parallel Universe
I Could Have Lied
The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie
I Like Dirt
Under The Bridge
Higher Ground
Californication
Goodbye Hooray
By The Way  

Encore
:

Chad & Mauro Jam
Suck My Kiss
Ethiopia
Give It Away




No comments:

Post a Comment