Friday, December 29, 2017

GFreedom's 2017 Top-10 album list (Part.1)

  Since we are on the last day of 2017, I thought that it would be a good idea to begin writing my annual Top - 10 album list. This year, my list will be divided into 3 or 4 parts, and at the end there will be an extra one, including the 5 albums that didn't make it to the list, but they reached the final draft.
 Since January, I have listened carefully to 68 albums, and based on those I prepared my list. I am sure that there are many more good albums out there, but as I said, my list is based on the ones I was able to listen.
 Also, have in mind that my list is in alphabetical order, and on each entry I will include a couple of YouTube links, so you can have an idea immediately.
I hope you will enjoy it!

BIG BIG TRAIN: Grimspound

  Grimspound was the 10th studio album of the English band Big Big Train and it was released on the 28th of April 2017. In my opinion it is not as good as their albums English Electric Pt.1 & Pt.2, but it is a very good work. Here you can read the review I wrote for Grimspound a few months ago: http://gfreedomathina.blogspot.gr/search?q=big+big+train
Here's a couple of songs from this album:
BIG BIG TRAIN: Brave Captain
BIG BIG TRAIN: Meadowland

CELLAR NOISE: Alight
 This was one of the biggest surprises of 2017 for me. Alight is the debut album of the Milan-based band Cellar Noise, who I had the opportunity to meet when I had them as guests in my radio show Prog n Roll. It is a wonderful album, filled with great melodies and very interesting compositions, which you can listen from the first till the last song without having to skip not even one song. This is a band that definitely deserves more attention! Here's the review I wrote for this album almost 6 months ago:  http://gfreedomathina.blogspot.gr/2017/06/cellar-noise-alight-2017.html
Here you can have an idea about them:
CELLAR NOISE: Underground Ride  
CELLAR NOISE: Temple 

CHRYSILIA: Et in Arcadia Ego
The debut album of the Greek Folk/Power Metal band Chrysilia was another huge surprise for me, for many reasons. I discovered the album almost 2 months after its release, and I can't stop listening to it since then. Almost 2 weeks ago, I wrote a rather detailed review for this album, which you can find here if you are interested: http://gfreedomathina.blogspot.gr/2017/12/chrysilia-et-in-arcadia-ego-2017-my.html
You can check some of their songs here:
  CHRYSILIA: The Menalon Trail
CHRYSILIA: King of a Stellar War 

Here ends the 1st part of my annual top-10 album list. 
More parts will follow in a few days.
I hope you will find it interesting and usefull...
Happy New Year Ladies and Gentlemen! 
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment