Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lynyrd Skynyrd Live in Athens - An update...

   As I wrote in a preview post, a few days ago Lynyrd Skynyrd performed live for first (and last probably) time in Athens. As you can understand I wasn't able to go and see the concert, but I spoke with 1-2 friends that were there that night, read some critics about the concert, and I will transfer the news to you...
   There must have been over 10.000 people in the concert, Lynyrd Skynyrd played for about 1.5 hours, and it was a total best of! They performed live only one song from their new record, and all the rest were from the '70's. They gave a very good & solid performance, and for sure they pleased everybody. I heard for lots of dancing and looots of singing from the crowd!
 If you make a small research on the internet I'm sure you'll be able to find lots of pictures and videos from this concert... :)
   And here is the playlist:
1.Working for MCA
2.I Ain't the one
3.Skynyrd Nation (From the new album)
4.What's your name
5.Down South Junkin'
6.That Smell
7.I know a little
8.Saturday night Special
9.Simple Man
10.Meddley: Gimme Back my Bullets/Whisky Rock-A-Roller/The Needle & the Spoon
11.Tuesday's Gone
12.Gimme 3 Steps
13.Call me the Breeze
14.Sweet Home Alabama
  Encore:
15.Freebird (of course!)

   Looking at the playlist I realize that they didn't play some of my favorite songs, like: On the Hunt, Double Trouble & Cry for the Bad Man.
But the fact they are my favorites doesn't make them big hits, so...
 In a nutshell I believe the playlist was really very good!
   I hope everybody that was there had a great time that night...
I'm kind of jealous to be honest, but what can be done? You can't always get what you want...
(As The Rolling Stones sing, and it is true!)
   Here is a small sample of this concert if you wanna take a look...
 It is Freebird of course... :)

                                                   
      

No comments:

Post a Comment