Saturday, July 28, 2012

GFreedom's Juke Box # 10

Here I am again! :)
My usual Top-5 list is ready. This week it was difficult for me to choose, cause I listened lots of music, and lots of great songs as well! After I put some thought on it, I decided which are best 5 ones.
I surely left some great songs out of the list, but that's normal I guess.
So, here we go:

TOOL: Schism (Lateralus - 2001)
VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR: Childlike Faith in Childhood's End
 (Still Life - 1976)
PAVLOVS DOG: Theme from Subway Sue
(Pampered Menial- 1975)
TIM BUCKLEY: Strange Street Affair Under Blue (Tim Buckley - 1966)
RAMMSTEIN: Fruhling in Paris (Liebe ist fur Alle da - 2009)
  Bonus Track: TOOL: 10.000 days (10.000 Days - 2006)

Please allow me this small "cheating". I couldn't decide between Schism and 10.000 days. The second one is by far my most favourite, but because "Nighteyes" has used it 2 weeks ago, I just put it out of the list as an extra track... :)
Now, let's see how many of you are in the mood for posting their Top-5 lists, and see which nice songs you have listened this last week... :)

5 comments:

  1. hello
    sorry for the dark playlist but this time of the year is a hard one for me , the songs are mostly based on lyrics this week.

    1) Anathema : lost control
    2) Saviour Machine : love never dies
    3) Queensryche : road to madness
    4) Green Carnation : Lullaby in winter
    5) Savatage : Summer's rain
    6) Fates Warning : Still remains

    (yes i am cheating too)

    ps: allow me to close with some lyrics from "still remains"
    All these words and memories
    And everything you were to me
    They remain, they remain
    You still remain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never forget that phone call when I was in Crete Nighteyes...
      I just hope that you will overcome sometime...
      As for the cheating, when I was writting this post, I was sure that you will do the same! :P (Just kidding, you know that...)

      Delete
  2. actually i wanted to put many more songs George due to the occassion cause i just couldn't choose which ones ment more to me. I am listening to these kind of songs all week n even if they bring me more n more down i cant stop from listening , It all started when i put "believe" from Savatage n "the fiddle on the green" from Demons and Wizards cause both were our songs.
    Anyway i dont have to bother all the people here with my problems :P n lets light up the situation a bit, Do you know a good spot in Moria with many spiders? I need to take my last rank in valour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go to Waterworks, there you should find something like a palace full of ghost-spiders. :) I don't remember the name of this palace, but if you go down there and ask, they will tell you...
    Have a nice spider hunting! :)
    (What a boring thing!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay my playlist of the week would be:
    1-Mustang Sally (The Commitments version)
    2-Apeman - The Kinks
    3-Plug in Baby - Muse
    4- Knights of Cydonia - Muse
    5- One - Metallica

    ReplyDelete