Tuesday, July 17, 2012

JON LORD has passed...

   Today Jon Lord the keyboard player of Deep Purple and Whitesnake
(for some years), has passed.
He died at the age of 71 from pancreas cancer at the London Clinic.
A friend posted the announcement of his death here in this blog, and I thought to make a proper post about it.
   Although I was never a great fan of Deep Purple,(I like them the normal amount), I have to say that he was a musician I really admired. He co-wrote some of Deep Purple's legendary songs, including "Smoke on the Water".
He released many solo albums as well, and worked with many great musicians in his long and successful career.
 The world of Rock music just lost one of its best members.
 R.I.P Jon Lord. You will always be remembered...
                               Jon Lord 9/6/1941 - 16/7/2012\

                                      
                                             
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment