Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Morrissey Live in Athens...

   One week ago, Morrissey performed live in front of the Greek audience.
I was not able to be there and watch him live, but I read many reviews about this concert.
I read many complaints about the production, about the place that the concert was held, about the excessive crowd, and finally about the playlist itself.
 But the thing I read in almost all the reviews, is that Morrissey himself was excellent! His voice is still very good, (he is 53 years old), his musicians were brilliant, and altogether they performed the best they could.
I don't know, I wasn't there to have a personal opinion, so I will not write here anything else about this concert. The only thing I will post here is the playlist, so you can have your own opinion about the songs that Morrissey chose to perform live.
  I am not a fan of Morrissey or Smiths, but I do know many songs. In this playlist I saw, I hardly recognize 4-5 songs, whatever that means...
If there is anyone that was there that night, it would be nice to leave a comment with his personal opinion...
Here is the playlist:

How soon is now?
You have killed me
I'm throwing my arms around Paris
You're the one for me, fatty
Shoplifters of the world unite
Ouija board, Ouija board
Maladjusted
Everyday is like Sunday
Last night I dreamed that somebody loved me
I will see you in far off places
Action is my middle name
Meat is murder
Let me kiss you
To give (The reason I live)
Speedway
Scandinavia
When I last spoke to Carol
I know it's over
(Encore)
 Still ill

4 comments:

  1. Thank God, at least Dinosaur rocker was not there, ha ha ha!!!
    Well most of reviews are absolutely correct concerning the place, the number of the audience etc, etc...BUT the setlist cannot be critised light hearted. It's a very personal thing and it's whether you like it or not. I found it ok, it's far away from my dream setlist of a Mozza live but it was by far ok. It has some "slow" moments but every Morrissey live has and don't forget the weather conditions and the age of Morrissey and Boorer (the ugly lady onstage with guitar).
    I wish he could play two sets so as the crowd could split... and I could see him twice, from the first raw ( I had to be far from the Man this time and I hated it).
    It was a Morrissey Live, all those who had complains should just thank God, they saw Moz!!!
    That's my comment on everything is said and written.
    P.S.
    George you should be in Konstantinople, he played there a few days later and i could see him again.
    Remember him, remember him
    but please forget his fate......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the comment.
      As I wrote in the post I'm not a fan of Morrissey or Smiths, but I do know enough songs. For example, in his previous concert in Athens a few years back, the playlist was super for my knowledge on his music. But this one it wasn't.
      Not that it matters of course as long as he satisfied his own audience... :)

      Delete
  2. I started writing something for Morrissey and his fan boys but I deleted it :))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing "Filaraki" is another rusted metal fan so...."the sun shines out of our behind" as Mozza sings...

    ReplyDelete