Sunday, January 6, 2013

TV Series: HOMELAND (Season 2)


   Some time ago, I wrote in this blog a review about season 1, and now it is time to write about season 2. (For those who are interested to read this review, you can find it here:  http://gfreedomathina.blogspot.com/2012/10/tv-series-homeland-season-1.html

  I started watching this last season 4 days ago, and I finished it last night. The basic things that I saw in the first season are also present here. That means: The same characters, the same plot twisting, the stress, the very fast pace from time to time etc. The actors that hold the main roles are acting superbly again, and mainly Claire Daines and Damian Lewis. These 2 are the best by far in my opinion. (But not only in my opinion, because they both have won awards for their acting in these series).
As for the scenario, sorry but I can’t write anything because I can’t even if I wanted to! It changes so many times, and it contains so many side stories, that I should write a book…
   I really enjoyed this second season as much as the first one, but I have to say that I’m not sure about the end of it. I’m not sure if I liked the way it ends. I think that the producers of these series tried to put the most action possible inside, and in some cases they took it too far. The result of this was that in the end they tried to wrap things up, and have everyone satisfied.
I don’t know if they succeeded  finally though.
   But further than that, I have to say that I enjoyed both seasons to the maximum, and now it gets on my nerves that I know I have to wait almost 10 months to see the continue, although I’m almost sure that it’s not going to be so good as the first two.
Homeland gained many awards in many different categories. Among them the awards for best male and best female actor, and best TV series.  As for the rating, in IMDB it has a 8.6.
And here is the trailer for the second season…


                                         

2 comments:

  1. I saw it too and I was equally thrilled. It is an exceptional series indeed. I believe that Saul is also a very good character and Mandy Patinkin is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Saul is a very good character indeed. I agree! :)
    But now we have to wait almost a whole year... :(

    ReplyDelete