Thursday, May 3, 2018

DELUSION SQUARED: Anthropocene (2018). A few info and my point of view...

If I want to be honest, I must say that I had no idea about this band ‘till a week ago.
Then I saw their album climbing in the Prog Archive’s album charts and I became curious to learn more about them.
So, Delusion Squared is a French band that begun as a trio, but now they are continuing as a duo. Their discography consists of 4 studio albums so far. The first 3 albums are a trilogy about doomsday, nuclear explosion, genetic experiments, etc.…

  Anthropocene means The Human World  and it’s a concept album, about a dark future that awaits us.
The album includes 11 tracks, and has a total running time of almost an hour. It is available as a CD and as a digital download.
  I can’t compare this album with any of their previous works, because I don't know them, but I must say that I’m pleased with this first “touch”. Their style is rather melodic and soft, the vocals are very good, (they sing in English), their compositions are very interesting, and the overall outcome is satisfying to say the least. Their music consists of soft melodies, beautiful guitar passages and solos and some keyboards that adding a sci-fi feeling to the album.
  I feel that I should listen to this album a few more times in order to be able to appreciate it better, but as I wrote, I’m already pleased with it.
              My Rating: 3.00 (out of 5.00) stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment