Saturday, July 14, 2012

GFreedom's Juke Box #8

Hello again!
Once more it is time for my Top-5 songs for this last week. :)
I want to say something here first. A couple of times I receive emails saying that this Top-5 lists are not in the way they should be. Means that (especially my lists) are very mixed up! Many different kinds of music alltogether.
Well, here is the answer to this: As a person I listen many different kinds of music, depending on my mood, on daily events etc. Every week I listen to a lot of music in general, and many different styles. Maybe one day I'm in the mood for some good old Heavy Metal for example (like this week), some other day I want to listen to Prog-Rock, or Blues etc. So, every time I listen to a song I believe it is far better than the rest, I write it down in a paper. At the end of the week, I look at my list, and usualy I choose the best 5 songs in my opinion, regardles of music style.
So that's why my lists are so mixed up usualy, and to be honest I don't see any harm in that.
Otherwise I had to make my Top-5 Rock list, my Top-5 Rrog list, my Top-5 Heavy Metal list, and so on...
But why? The point is to make something that is fun, and easy. Now, If any of you is in the mood to make lists for different styles, please feel free to do it.
   And after this long prologue, I think I should put down my list for this week eh? :)
So, here it goes:

   BLUE OYSTER CULT: Nosferatu (Spectres - 1977)
   ROY BUCHANAN: The Messiah Will Come Again (Roy Buchanan - 1972)
   SCORPIONS: The Sails of Charon (Taken by force - 1977)
   CANDLEMASS: Samarithan (Nightfall - 1987)
   THE SISTERS OF MERCY: Alice (Alice 12-inch EP - 1983)

And now it's your turn... :)