Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rolling Stone magazine's online poll...


                        
                     The best Prog-Rock albums ever!

   Yesterday I read about that, and I thought it would be nice to share it with you.
Rolling Stone magazine made an online poll about the best Progressive Rock album ever.
And here’s what happened: The band Dream Theater put a link at their own site about this poll, asking their fans to vote. Although that is not something “illegal”, the problem was that thousands of Dream Theater fans voted for their albums, and the conclusion was the 6 out of the first 10 albums were the ones of Dream Theater. Not illegal, but not fair as well eh?
   So Rolling Stone magazine decided to keep only their first album in votes and all the others were cancelled. Speaking for myself, I had no idea about this poll! I’m sure that if I had voted the results would be very different! :P (hahaha kidding of course!)
So according to this online poll, here are the 10 best Progressive Rock albums of all times:
1. DREAM THEATER - "Metropolis pt. 2: Scenes from a memory"
2. RUSH - "2112"
3. YES - "Close to the edge"
4. PINK FLOYD - "Dark side of the moon"
5. GENESIS - "The lamb lies down on Broadway"
6. KING CRIMSON - "In the court of the crimson king"
7. GENESIS - "Selling England by the pound"
8. RUSH - "Hemispheres"
9. KING CRIMSON - "Red"
10. RUSH - "Moving pictures" 
 
   Well I agree with many, I disagree with others. But in any case, this is the Top-10 at the Rolling Stone online poll…