Monday, September 21, 2015

TV Series: Wayward Pines (2015)

  

                    One of the most exciting series I watched lately.
I had no idea about these series, until a friend gave it to me, just saying 'Watch it!'.
It is a one-season series, and I finished it inside the weekend.
 The first - and only- season consists of 10 episodes with a length of almost 45 minutes each one. Which means that you can finish the whole season in almost 4.5 hours. Not bad at all...
 As for the plot, well... It is very difficult to write what is going on, without revealing some important secrets, and ruin the pleasure for you.
 The only thing I could write, is that the story starts when the secret service agent Ethan Burke goes to Wayward Pines, a mountain village in Idaho, in order to search for 2 federal agents who gone missing. Upon his arrival, he will face a series of bizarre and weird situations, because in this town nothing is as it seems to be.
 In the role of agent Ethan Burke, we see Matt Dillon, who is the biggest 'name' of the series.
 There are some things I didn't like as well, like for example the over-the-top acting of some of the main characters. For example, the hospital nurse Ms. Pam, could fit easily into a Nazi concentration camp during the second World War.
But in a nutshell, it is a fiction/action/drama/mystery series, with a very interesting plot, many surprises and interesting turns in the scenario, even until the last minute.
 I watched it and enjoyed it, that's why I recommend it!
         As for my rating, I could give a number between 8.0 and 8.30
                                         IMDB has a rating of 7.8

No comments:

Post a Comment