Friday, December 8, 2017

DAVID GILMOUR: Live at Pompeii (2017). Not exactly a review...

This live album was recorded at the Pompeii amphitheatre and it was the first public  performance since AD 79. (Don’t forget that Pink Floyd’s Live in Pompeii had no audience). This was a truly historical moment, and those who were able to be there that night must feel extremely lucky. It was recorded on July 2016, and it was released on September 2017.
  Now, as for the album itself; it is available on double CD, double vinyl, digital downloable format, and as DVD and Blue Ray as well. (The concert was filmed of course). 
  Live at Pompeii includes some of Pink Floyd’s famous songs, mixed with songs from Gilmour’s solo works. (The tour that included the Pompeii concerts was promoting Rattle that Lock album). 
  The songs are all very well performed, Gilmour’s guitar sounds great once more, the production is - of course - excellent, and despite that Gilmour’s voice is not what it used to be, it’s not a big problem. After all, what are the studios for? 
  If I could recommend one version, I would say to buy the DVD or the Blue Ray version, especially if you own a system with good sound quality. That way, you will be able to enjoy the music, but also watch that spectacular concert. 
  I don’t want to write many things here, because everybody knows who David Gilmour is, everybody knows his contribution to music, and I don’t believe that I am the one who can judge. 
Personally speaking, I have the album, I listen to it from time to time, and I am pleased with it. 
                   My Rating: 4.0 (out of 5.0) stars
 Here you can watch a couple of songs that are included in the DVD:



No comments:

Post a Comment