Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Top-10+1 albums of 2018. Part.3 (out of 3)

                 O A K: Giordano Bruno (Rock Opera)
  The Rock Opera Giordano Bruno by the Italian project O A K was something that caught me by surprise. I knew nothing of this band (or project if you like), until I discovered this album. It is a brilliant and very well made Rock Opera, based on the life and work of Giordano Bruno (1548 – 1600), including lots of famous musicians as guests. A few months ago, I wrote a detailed review, so in case you are interested, you can find it here:
http://gfreedomathina.blogspot.com/2018/06/oak-giordano-bruno-rock-opera-2018-my.html


           RIVERSIDE: Wasteland
  Riverside’s latest work is an album that I wasn’t expecting to like as much as I did! It is the band’s 7th studio album, and in my opinion the best one! Or at least, it is the album I listened and enjoyed the most! Here is the review I wrote about it a few months ago: 
http://gfreedomathina.blogspot.com/2018/10/riverside-wasteland-2018-my-review.html

            THE WINDMILL: Tribus
  I discovered this wonderful album rather late, near the end of December, and for that reason it wasn’t included in the presentation for the best albums of 2018 that we did in the Prog n Roll radio show at the beginning of 2019. But with every new listen I realized that it was a really fantastic album, so I added it to my list now. Less than a month ago, I wrote a review for this album, which can be found here: 
http://gfreedomathina.blogspot.com/search?q=the+windmill


STEVEN WILSON: Home Invasion: In Concert at the Royal Albert Hall (Live)
  This is my +1 album, not because it is not as good as the previous ones, but because it is a live one. That means that it doesn't include any new material. Usually Top-10 lists do not include live albums, so this is extra. 
  A very enjoyable and well made album, that every fan of Steven Wilson should have. In case you want to learn more about it, here’s my review: 


No comments:

Post a Comment