Friday, June 15, 2012

THE PROGRESSIVE ROCK ENCYCLOPEDIA. (Intro) Part.2

   The thing I'm trying to do here is not very easy as you can understand, and it will take lots of efforts.
In order to be able to do that, I made a good dig in my records and my cd's, undusted a few encyclopedias I have, made a research on the internet, watched hours and hours of videos and documentaries, and I really hope I will be able to make it good.
But because surely I will make some mistakes and I will forget some things on the way, please feel free to comment, suggest, and criticize on the things you like or you don't like. (Or the things you think are not efficient). I really welcome criticism, as far it is not rude and insulting.
   As for the bands I will be presenting here, they will be in alphabetical order of course.
I will try to be totally objective, to put as many info as possible, and whenever I can I will put some pictures, record covers, even 1-2 videos, so you will be able to have an idea about the band.
Because the term Progressive Rock is something very general, I will try not to make it very strict. That means that I will include bands that were maybe more 'light' in their musical approach on Progressive, and not only the hard-core ones. That doesn't mean that I will put here every band that knows how to play the instruments well. I'm saying this because in some lists and catalogs I found, under the term Progressive Rock I saw bands like The Beatles, The Doors, Deep Purple, even Metallica! 
   So, I will try to balance the groups according to their music style. With some you may agree, with some may disagree. (For example I will not put Cockney Rebel only because they have recorded 'Death Trip'. It is maybe one of the best Prog-Rock songs I ever heard, but is only one song!)
  I hope that you understand what I'm trying to say here, right?
Now, it is time for this really long intro to be over, and move on to the bands' presentation...
I hope many of you will find these series of posts interesting, and maybe learn a few things as well...
Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment