Thursday, December 31, 2015

PROG & ROLL Radio Show: A 2015 review.

  Here we are, on the last day of the year, and now I will try to wrote down a small annual "review" about my internet radio show called 'Prog & Roll'.
  (Before anything else, I think I should say that Prog & Roll is an online radio show, that comes 'on air' on Sunday nights, and it is presented by GFreedom Team, which is actually me & my wife Nihal, who is responsible for the English part of the show).
 So, during 2015 we did 40 shows, during which we played  almost 740 songs by 330 different bands, from many music genres and sub-categories. (Such as: Classic Rock, Progressive Rock, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Progressive Metal, Psychedelia, Neo-Prog etc). 
 I am also very pleased to say that during this last year, Prog & Roll became more famous than  before, and many new people joined our "company" on the chatbox, from many different countries. (Such as UK, N.Ireland, France, Germany, USA, Canada, Russia, Greece, Turkey, and even Mexico and India). Some of them are listening from time to time, but some others became Prog & Roll's devoted listeners.
 We also had many musicians as "guests on the chatbox" during this year, and some of them also liked the show and they are "visiting" our chatbox on a rather often basis. 
 One of the biggest and pleasant surprises of this year, was the participation of my wife Nihal, to the new and really good album 'The Fragility of Innocence' recorded by the UK band Salander, on which she does some  vocals in a couple of songs. (We met Salander's members through our show, who also became our listeners and friends).
 I must say that I'm really pleased with Prog & Roll's performance this year, and I hope that 2016 will be an even better year for our show.
  Concluding this post, I would like to say a very big 'Thank You' to all those people who are supporting us, and with their love and devotion are giving us the strength to carry on.
Prog & Roll will be with you again on the 10st of Januar, for the first show of 2016.
Happy New Year everybody!
Thank you all very much! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment