Friday, November 18, 2016

CRIPPLED BLACK PHOENIX: Bronze (2016)

I could summarize this post into just two small words:
                             BUY IT!
Because I’m still in the first-time-listening  phase, I will not get into details, but I must say that I am impressed so far! (And I’m not easily impressed anymore). 
  Crippled Black Phoenix driven by the magic hands (and mind) of Justin Greaves released one of the best albums of 2016 without a doubt.
  Bronze is the 9th (if I’m not mistaken) studio album of Crippled Black Phoenix, and one of the best works the band did so far. (If not THE best!).
  Is there a musical term such as Psychedelic Heavy Progressive Rock? If not, we should invent it, in order to define this album. Because Bronze borrows elements from many musical styles and seems influenced by the sound of many bands from different styles. Off the top of my head, I could say that a mix of Pink Floyd with Black Sabbath could describe it somehow. (A fine example is the song Champions of Disturbance).
  The thing I always loved about Crippled Black Phoenix is that you never know what to expect with each new release. Same thing happened here. When I listened to the album for the first time, I was really surprised with the long – and unnecessary in my opinion – intro, but right after that, the magic started!
  I will write no more, because there is no reason to do so.  You have to listen to this album and form your own opinion. As for mine, I believe that it is an excellent album, that already gained a spot in my Top-10 album list for 2016.
Bronze is a heavy, dark, psychedelic, experimental, progressive and wonderful album!
Buy it, borrow it, find it in any way possible and listen to it!
                HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
I cannot give less than 4.0 out of 5.0 stars, but I’m not sure if they are enough…
By clicking on the following YT links you will be able to listen to a couple of songs and have a first idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment