Thursday, October 8, 2015

TV Series: The Brink (Season 1 - 2015)

                Here's the new HBO series that I totally recommend!
'The Brink' is a political satire (not a commedy), which most probably in some ocassions sadly isn't far from the truth.
 The main story is about a crisis between United States and Pakistan, but as the story goes on, more countries are being involved in it. (Such as Israel and India for example).
 The main characters in the first season are two: A Foreign Service officer in Islamabad,  played by Jack Black, and an alcoholic/womaniser/hysterical Secretary of State, played by Tim Robbins. 
 I am not a fan of Jack Black, because I don't enjoy his - most of the times - hysterical acting, but I have to admit that in 'The Brink' he is playing his role very well. As for Tim Robbins, well... he is just perfect!
 The first season consists of 10 episodes, and each episode has a length of almost 30 minutes. So, in just 3 hours you can watch the whole season.
 As far as I know the 2nd season will be in the same style, but it will have to do with a crisis in some other country.
 As I wrote at the top of this post, I highly recommed 'The Brink', because it is a very interesting and easy to watch series, including some very good performances. (Especially by Tim Robbins)
                             My personal rating is:  7.5 out of 10.00
                                IMDB's rating is: 7.9 out of 10.00
By clicking the following link you can watch a trailer from the 1st season:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9SJxSXySSo 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment