Sunday, April 22, 2012

Spotlights on: CAROL OF HARVEST.



  Carol of Harvest was a German Progressive Rock/Folk band. They were formed during the second half of the 70’s and never became famous. They released ttheir fist album in a private label and in a limited number of copies (500 if I'm not mistaken), and then disappeared forever.
  Their debut self-titled album, was released in 1978 and it is a great example of Progressive Rock with lots of Folk elements. Their music consists of long atmospheric arrangements with Moog synths, acid guitar solos, and a female voice that fits perfectly in the style of the album.
   Since then, this album has been released a couple of times both on vinyl and CD, but again, by small labels and in limited copies. (The CD version is the one I found myself). Therefore, you can say that it is kind of a collector's item. (Especially the vinyl editions).
I really tried to find more info on this band, but it seemed impossible.
   So I decided to present them here, without having actual information to share with you; but I did it anyway, because I believe that every Prog-Rock fan should have the opportunity to get to know them and listen to this album, which in my opinion is a hidden jewel!
  As far as I have learned lately, the band released one more album in 2008, named as Ty I La, but I couldn’t find it anywhere. But I found out that, from the original members only Axel Schmierer (guitars) is present, and most of the new album has lyrics in Polish. No idea why.
  So, first of all, try to find and listen to the Carol of Harvest album, and then you can decide what to do with the 2nd one.
Here is the track list from the CD release of Carol of Harvest album:
1. Put On Your Nightcap (16:02)
2. You And Me (2:31)
3. Somewhere At The End Of The Rainbow (6:26)
4. Treary Eyes (4:17)
5. Try A Little Bit (9:59)
6. River (2:36) (Bonus Track)
7. Sweet Heroin (7:04) (Bonus Track)
8. Brickstone (1:14) (Bonus Track)
You can listen to a couple of songs from the aforementioned album here:


1 comment:

  1. one of the best progresive rock work i ever heard , thumbs up
    i still havent manage to find an original copy though :(

    ReplyDelete