Monday, July 30, 2012

TV Series: Sons of Anarchy (Season 1&2)


   As I wrote in a preview post I have heard many things about these series, and I wanted very much to see it. Thankfully a friend gave me the 4 seasons ready, and a couple of weeks ago I started watching it.
I can say many things both good and bad. But I will not! :P
   These series in a few words are: Too many tough guys, too many guns, too much violence, and too many bikes. If you think you don’t have a problem with these ingredients then you should watch Sons of Anarchy. Otherwise don’t…
   The story is about a biker’s club that their members are selling guns as their main activity, (among a few others but always illegal) , and fighting with everybody! Other rival clubs, the police, the federal police, the neo-nazi’s, and in general with whoever tries to get in their way.
   The annoying thing for me is that all these things are happening in a small town in California called ‘Charming’! hahaha. What I mean is that how many clubs with gangsters, how many killings, how many drugs etc can a really small town take? And everybody behaves like nothing is happening! Everything is normal! That thing really bothered me a lot. If it was in New York, Los Angeles or any other big city, I could understand that. But in a small peaceful town??? Hmmmm...
   Watching the first season, I didn’t know if I wanted to continue or not. That’s why I didn’t write any review. I decided to continue, and now that I finished the second season, I must admit that it became a lot better and more interesting.
   Each season consists of 13 episodes of 40 – 60 minutes long. The first and the last are 50-60 minutes. The in-between are usually 40-45 minutes each.
I will continue watching it, and probably my next review will be for seasons 3 & 4 together, unless something really exciting comes up.
The truth is that the second season finishes in such a way that you want to start the third season right away! Hehehe
Well, let’s wait and see what happens… 
 I forgot to mention, that in Imdb the rating for SoA is 8.7.
 Not bad at all eh?
 Here is the trailer video from season 2...

                                                        
                                      

2 comments:

  1. I know of this show, but I have never watched it. To be honest, I don't think I could get into it for the one simple reason that you have already mentioned...All of this goes on in a small town. If it was a larger city maybe, or maybe if not so much was going on at the same time it might make more sense. It reminds me of another show here in the UK called Midsummer Murders. This show is set in a very small English town called Midsummer, and in each episode someone gets killed. Firstly, the population never seems to decrease, and secondly, in such a small town, if so many people committed murder, why would you even want to live there??? Anyway, Sons of Anarchy for me, nah. If it's on and I am bored, I might give it a try, but I wouldn't be hurrying out to get it.

    Veyr nice review though George :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes watch it over his shoulder because I am usually on the computer in the same room. So many times I have to bite my tongue in order not to offer a really mean comment about the show. I call the entire idea of the show the Black Robin Hood Complex. Some tough criminal guys with dignity. Waow that sounds real. They have guns of various sizes (!!!!) and they love flipping them out at the first opportunity. Symbolism intended...

    Men are here...We cook meat...we make fire...then put out the fire by peeing on it and no get invited back...*ironic snort*

    But yeah great review on it Gfreedom. Thanks for posting it and also for giving me the opportunity to unleash the beast :)

    ReplyDelete