Monday, July 9, 2012

"The Killing" Season 2...

Well, this post surely delayed a lot!
The season 2 started on 1st of April but the problem was that it started together with "The Game of Thrones", and of course I chose to watch GoT first...
   Now, all the things I wrote about the 1st season in a previous post, are also here. (If you haven't read it or you don't remember you can go at the start of this blog and read it if you want). (In order not to search a lot, just choose Movies-TV, and it will show you only the posts about the TV series I have posted).
   All these twists of the plot, the surprising events etc, are in season 2 as well. But the problem is that they are not new anymore. We have seen the same things again in the first season, so now are less surprising, and less interesting.
   The original Danish series consists of 20 episodes. This version is 26. So we have 6 episodes more, and with an estimate time of about 45 minutes per episode, makes about 4.5 hours of extra time that has been added to the story. This is a lot!
   Anyway, my opinion is that 2nd season is more boring, and less surprising than the first one. As an example I will say this: I watched the 13 episodes of the 1st season, in about 4-5 days.
The 13 episodes of this 2nd season, took me about 2.5 weeks! And in the end I was really waiting to finish, just to be able to see what will happen at end of the story.
   I'm not saying that it's a bad series. I'm saying that after the first season I was expecting something more, and it never delivered...
   But as a sum of the 2 seasons I think is worth seeing it.
This is my opinion at least...

2 comments:

  1. I was also told that the character relationships were different that the original series which changes the ending. I don't know what to write so I don't spoil for people who have not seen it so I stop here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I would love to see the original series at some point.
    Maybe in the future I will.
    And I'm counting on you for that filaraki... ;)

    ReplyDelete