Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Game of Thrones (Season 4)...

                                  WARNING: Spoilers ahead!
   Now that we reached the end of season 4 of Game of Thrones, I think it's a good time to write here my opinion and my thoughts on the subject.
   First of all I must say that many years ago I've read the first 3 books and I still remember many of the things which happen, but not all of course. I remember the strongest moments, like for example Ned Stark's beheading, 'The Red Wedding', Jeofrey's death, the fight between 'The Mountain' and 'The Viper', etc.
 And although I've read the books, and many of the surprises are no surprises to me, I must admit that I'm really enjoying watching the series.The adaptation is excellent, the production is really expensive, most of the actors are fitting perfectly in their roles etc... But of course there has been a few changes every now and then which are not in the books, but that's normal. (For example in the last episode of the 4rth season do you remember the fight between Brien of Tarth and "The Hound"? Well, that never happened in the books). But these are some details which help the story move further on, and add a few more action scenes, so it's ok I guess...
 As for my opinion on this 4rth season, I believe it was the best one so far, followed by the first one. Many things happened, it contained lots of action and lots of "strong" moments, and very important things took place almost from the start. Not like season 2 & 3 on which you were just waiting for episode 9 in order for something important or impressive to happen.
 We saw Jeoffrey die, and Tyrion's trial, we saw the big fight between "The Moutain" and "The Viper", we watched the glorious 9th episode in which was the fierce battle on the wall, and in the last episode we saw Tyrion's escape after shooting his father with the crossbow. Not bad eh?
   If my memory is right, there are still some things left out from the third book, which most probably will be added in the 5th season. But further than that, I have no idea what will happen next, because I stopped reading after the 3rd book.
  And to be honest I'm kind of glad, because from now on I will be really curious to see the sequel of this really epic story.
 So, the only thing left is to wait for a whole year in order to see what's coming next...
  Here you can watch a couple of trailers from season 4...




No comments:

Post a Comment