Wednesday, October 17, 2018

URIAH HEEP: Living the Dream (2018). My "review"...



  Uriah Heep is a legendary band, that need no introductions or recommendations. They have been around since forever, and they wrote their name with gold in the history of Rock (or Hard Rock if you like) music.
  I have been listening to them since my teenage years, and I have in my collection no less than 17 albums; studio and live ones.
  This year they have returned with their 25th (or 26th? I lost count) studio album, named as Living the Dream.
  I still can’t believe how good this album is! I was expecting a very mediocre album, like their previous ones, but this time I must admit that they did a really good job!
  I don’t think that there is anybody who  believes that after a 50-years-old career, they will release another The Magician’s Birthday or Demons and Wizards, correct?
  But you know what? Living the Dream is a high-quality album, that can be compared directly with some of their old releases. The sound is modern Hard-Rock, with many guitar riffs and solos, lots of classic-sounding keyboards and very good compositions. Bernie Saw’s voice is in very good condition, without having to add “for his age”…
  Mike Box’s recorded some very nice and “catchy” guitar riffs, that are accompanied by the keyboards of Phil Lanzon, and the result is very good to say the least.
The album includes some classic Hard Rock songs, some ballads and even a couple of "proggy" ones.
  In  a nutshell, Living the Dream is a very “decent” album that totally worth its money. I bought it, and I never regret it. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed!
Favourite Tracks (so far): Living the Dream, Knocking at my Door, It’s all Been Said,  Dreams of Yesteryear.
                My Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment