Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Verbal Delirium & Ciccada live in Athens. The Setlists and more...

  As I wrote in a post here a few days ago, on Monday evening a one-day Progressive Rock festival with Greek bands took place in Athens. (The event took place at a very small theatre inside a big park, having as background the setting sun and the lights of Athens. It was really beautiful).
There were 4 bands participating in this event, all of them good ones.
  I went to see the concert, which I must say it delayed a lot to begin. It was suppose to start at 20.00 or something like that, but because of some technical and sound problems it has finally begun in 21.30.
Because I was very tired and the next day I had to wake up very early, I couldn't stay to see all the bands. I saw only the first two ones, which thankfully were the ones I wanted to see the most.
Verbal Delirium and Ciccada. 
 By the way, I learned that Verbal Delirium will participate in the HRH Prog Festival that will take place in Wales in March of 2017, together with some legendary bands, like for example Strawbs, Curved Air, Wishbone Ash, Barclay James Harvest and many many more. Verbal Delirium will be the only Greek band that will play live at that festival, and this is a big honour for them if nothing else.
 Each band played for almost an hour, and here you can see the setlists of the first two bands:
VERBAL DELIRIUM:
WORDS
CLOSE TO YOU
LULLABY
DANCING GENERATION
FIRTH OF FIFTH (Genesis' cover)
SUDDEN WINTER
 CICCADA:
GARDEN OF DELIGHTS
AROUND THE FIRE
NIGHT RIDE
EPIRUS
SONG FOR AN ISLAND
On the pictures on the right you can see Verbal Delirium on stage, plus a pic of me together with Nicolas Nikolopoulos, the leader of Ciccada and member of Verbal Delirium.

No comments:

Post a Comment