Wednesday, January 21, 2015

GFreedom's 2014 Top-10 Rock & Prog albums list. (Part.3)

                                         SIENA ROOT: Pioneers
Siena Root is one of the greatest Swedish bands of our times in my opinion. Almost all their albums are of high quality, and 'Pioneers' is one of the best.
 Their style can be characterised as Heavy Rock, or Hard Rock, or Classic Rock of the 70's, with many Psychedelic and Prog influences. To be honest it is a mix of all those music styles. Their sound is dominated by the use of guitars and organ, and it is a totaly 70's revival. (Try to imagine a mix of Deep Purple with Mountain, and you will understand their style more or less).
  In their previous albums there were also many Anatolian/Indian influences (especially with the use of Sitar), but not any more. Here what we have is an excellent album with a solid Heavy Rock sound, and great compositions.
 The album includes 8 songs and has a total running time of almost 40 minutes. 'Pioneers' is the kind of album you put to listen, and you don't even skip a song before it finishes. All the songs are really great ones, but if I had to choose my most favorite ones I could say 'Between the lines' and the wonderful 'In my kitchen'. Recommended to all the fans of Rock music in general.
I'm adding here the official video from the opening song 'Between the lines' for you to listen and have a small idea.

                              THE D PROJECT: Making Sense
 'Making Sense' was one of the pleasant surprises of 2014, and I strongly recommend this album to the fans of Progressive Rock and Neo Prog.
 A few months ago I wrote a post on this blog, which was something between a review and a presentation, that's why I don't think I'll have to write everything again. If you are interested, take a look here: http://gfreedomathina.blogspot.gr/2014/07/the-d-project-making-sense-2014.html

      TRANSATLANTIC: Kaleidoscope (Special 2-cd edition)
 Starting this I should say I'm not a fan of Transatlantic. I like them a mildly, I respect them a lot as musicians, but that's all. When this album was released I wrote in this blog a review/presentation based on the listenings I was able to do at  the time, and I gave the album 3 out of 5 stars. Now, after having listened to it a lot more, I wouldn't say that it is a masterpiece, but I would give 3.5 - 4 stars instead.
 In case you want to read details for the album, here's the link: http://gfreedomathina.blogspot.gr/2014/10/transatlantic-kaleidoscope-2014.html

No comments:

Post a Comment