Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Top-10+1 albums of 2018. (Part.1)

 Hello all!
  A few weeks ago, in the radio show Prog n Roll we presented the 15 best albums of 2018; according to our opinion of course; but now it is time to present my personal list with the best albums of 2018. I made a few changes in the already existing list, removed some albums, added new ones, and finally it is ready.
  The list will be in alphabetical order and it will be in 3 (probably) parts. I hope that you will find it interesting and informative.
Let’s go!

       ARENA: DOUBLE VISION
  Last year, the Neo-Prog veterans Arena, returned with their new album Double Vision. It is surprisingly good, and I dare say that it is equally good with their old works. 
  Upon its release I wrote a review, which can be found here: http://gfreedomathina.blogspot.com/2018/05/arena-double-vision-2018-my-review.html 


       DAMANEK: IN FLIGHT
  The 2nd studio album of the English band Damanek was a very pleasant surprise to me. I had no idea about this band, until I discovered this wonderful album. 
  The “moving force” behind the band is Guy Manning, a very talented multi-instrumentalist, singer and composer, who has participated in a plethora of bands and projects. There are many musicians participating here, (further than the band’s members), playing a rather good variety of instruments, including, sax, mandolin, bouzouki and violin. Also, there is a choir in a couple of tracks.
  The style of the album is a rather rhythmic and uplifting Prog Rock with many Jazz elements in it. Although Jazz is not a music style that I like, the way that these guys are mixing Prog with Jazz is very interesting and definitely enjoyable for the listener.
  I discovered this album rather late, and although I always wanted to write a review for it, I never did.
  Almost all the songs have something to offer, and especially the 30-minute-long suite Big Eastern that closes the album is really something!
  I have been listening to this album on and on since the day I discovered it, and every time I discover something new in it. Give this album a chance, you won’t regret it.

GALAHAD: SEAS OF CHANGE 
  I have been a fan of Galahad for almost 10 years now. I have been  following their releases and I think that I got most of their albums.
Seas of Change is their latest album, which is not so easy, but it is wonderful!
  Upon its release, I wrote a review, which you can find here: 


GHOST: PREQUELLE
  I never considered myself as a fan of Ghost. And although I got all their studio albums, I never understood what the fuss is all about. For me, they are just a good Hard Rock band, with a very good manager and a "catchy" image.
But with this 4rth album they proved that they are far above the average.
Prequelle, in comparison with their previous albums, is better by far in almost every aspectIt is actually a very good album! For that reason, you will see it included in most "best of" album lists of 2018. If not in the 1st position, then in one of the first ones.
  If you make a search on the internet you will find dozens of reviews, so I don't think that it is necessary to add one more.
  Prequelle is a very enjoyable album that you should definitely check! 

To be continued...




No comments:

Post a Comment