Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Top-10+1 albums of 2018. Part.2 (out of 3).

   Last week I uploaded here the 1st part of the list with the 10 best albums of 2018 (according to my opinion of course). Now, here's the 2nd part. There is going to be one more, that I will post here in the following days.
       IMPERIAL AGE: THE LEGACY OF ATLANTIS
  I discovered Imperial Age last year, with the release of The Legacy of Atlantis. After a couple of weeks, I saw them on stage as opening act for the concert of Therion and they were excellent! So, I paid extra attention to their album. They are from Moscow and they are playing a Symphonic/Power/Epic Metal, which sounds like something between Therion and Nightwish. Upon the album’s release, I wrote a review, which you can find here: http://gfreedomathina.blogspot.com/2018/03/imperial-age-legacy-of-atlantis-2018.html
If you are into this kind of music, check this album!

                      KAYAK: SEVENTEEN
  This was of the most enjoyable albums of 2018. It was the 17th studio album of the Dutch band Kayak, hence the title...
I believe that most of the hard-core Proggers didn't like it, cause it is a light and melodic album, but I found it wonderful!
Upon its release I wrote a rather detailed review about it, which can be found here:

          MAIDEN UNITED: EMPIRE OF THE CLOUDS
  This was one of the biggest surprises of 2018 for me! (Musically speaking of course).
I knew about this band, I already knew one or two of their cover versions, but I wasn't expecting something like this! The guys took the 18-minute-long Empire of the Clouds by Iron Maiden and transformed it into something amazing!
  This cover version is longer than the original, and it is divided into 4 parts, and each part includes narration and some special effects. It took me some time to get used to it, but when I did, I was listening to it every day!   When I found out about this album I wrote a review, which, in case you are interested, you can find it here:  http://gfreedomathina.blogspot.com/search?q=maiden+united
To be continued...

  






No comments:

Post a Comment