Monday, October 28, 2013

Lou Reed has passed away...

   I wrote a quick comment yesterday at G+, but I feel I should write a proper post on this subject.
  As many of you know already, Lou Reed passed away yesterday in Long Island at the age of 71.
He was a songwriter/guitarist and a former member of the legendary Velvet Underground,  and one of the most influential musicians in Rock music. The cause of his death has not yet been released, but Lou Reed underwent a liver transparent in May.
  For those who aren't familiar with his life and music, and you are interested to learn more about him you can check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Reed .
 Although I was never a big fan of his music, I feel lucky I was able to see him on stage many years ago, in a concert on which he performed just before David Bowie.
  Anyway, I think there are not much more to write here except R.I.P Lou Reed...
In the pics on the right you can see Lou Reed together with many other legendary musicians such as Mick Jagger, David Bowie and Iggy Pop from the '70's...

No comments:

Post a Comment